Your Ultimate Guide to Discover Cluj-Napoca
Hitting the dance floor in Cluj-Napoca
Find the upcoming festivals happening in the city.
- Transilvania Salsa Fest 2023Transilvania Salsa Fest 2023 🗓 When: 16th November- 20th November 2023🌐 Where: Cluj-Napoca, Romania. Grand Hotel Napoca📍 Location: Strada Octavian Goga 1, Cluj-Napoca 400698, Romania🎟 Buy your tickets with a discount here Don’t get confused, by the name of the festival..This is not only about Salsa. Bachata, Kizomba and much more all in a big venue in the … Read more
What to do in Cluj-Napoca
Cluj-Napoca is a beautiful city in Romania that has a lot to offer.
If you’re visiting the Bachata festival,
you’ll be happy to know that there are plenty of things to do in Cluj-Napoca that will keep you entertained for four days.
Here are some of the best things to do in Cluj-Napoca:
one of the most haunted forests in the world.
Saint Michael Church.
Admire Transylvanian architecture at Saint Michael Church.
Discover local Romanian culture
Take a peaceful stroll through Cluj’s Central Park,
and immerse yourself in art at the Cluj-Napoca Art Museum.
Discover Unirii Square
The biggest square in Cluj and learn Romanian heritage at the Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania.
Head inside Tailors’ Tower
a medieval gate and museum.
When it comes to food,
Cluj-Napoca has plenty of options.
Here are some of the best restaurants in Cluj-Napoca:
- Casa Boema
- Casa TIFF
- Casa Ardeleana
- Samsara Foodhouse
Where to stay in Cluj-Napoca
If you’re looking for budget accommodation in Cluj-Napoca for the Bachata festival,
you’re in luck!
There are many options available on Booking.com that won’t break the bank.
Here are some of the best options:
- Grand Hotel Napoca – a 4-star hotel, located right in the city centre, main venue for the bachata festival.
- Hotel Rao – This 3-star hotel is located in the footsteps of a market, a supermarket and a shopping centre, and is only 25 minute’s walk from Assumption Cathedral. It features 23 rooms and is approximately 18 minutes on foot from Iulius Mall Park.
- Hotel Pami – This hotel is located on Calea Manastur nr.39 and offers comfortable rooms at an affordable price.
Where to eat in Cluj-Napoca
If you’re looking for budget-friendly restaurants in Cluj-Napoca that serve both local and international food,
here are some options you might want to consider:
- Restaurant Roata is a great option if you’re looking for traditional Romanian food. They have a variety of dishes that are both delicious and affordable. You can try their sarmale (stuffed cabbage rolls) or their mici (grilled minced meat rolls). They also have vegetarian options available.
- SoupeR is another great option if you’re looking for something healthy and affordable. They serve a variety of soups that are made with fresh ingredients. You can try their tomato soup or their chicken noodle soup. They also have vegan and gluten-free options available.
Other useful information when visiting Cluj-Napoca
Cluj-Napoca is a city in Romania with a population of 308,382 people as of 2023.
The currency used in Romania is the Romanian Leu (RON),
but you can easily exchange it for Euros (EUR) at any bank or exchange office. (1 EUR = 5 RON)
To get to the city center from the Cluj-Napoca International Airport (CLJ),
you have several options.
You can take the bus line 5 of the local public transit system CTP Cluj-Napoca which runs between the airport and the city of Cluj-Napoca.
The trolley bus departs approximately every 10 minutes between 05:00 hours and 22:30 hours, on weekends every 20 minutes.
The airport bus stop is located 200 metres from the terminal, along the ‘Strada Traian’.
you can take a taxi which takes around 10 minutes and costs between 6-8 EUR.
You can also take a train from Dezmir h. to Cluj Napoca which takes around 41 minutes and costs between 1-3 EUR.
Cluj-Napoca is known for its vibrant atmosphere and young-hearted people.
It is a calm city where people enjoy life at a slower pace than in Bucharest.
It is also known as the capital of European Youth and Art City of the Future.
The city has a rich history dating back more than 2,000 years ago when it was founded by the Romans.
The name ‘Napoca’ from Cluj-Napoca was the name of the Roman citadel founded on the city’s territory more than 2,000 years ago.